Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Edamame Vegetable Soup

I love Edamame, but I have to admit other then eating them plain or making an Asian salad I really have no clue or ideas that I could add them into.  I love making soup and when I came across this soup on the Canadian Living website I wanted to share.  I know if I was having this issue many of my readers may feel the same way.  Be sure to head on over and check out more of their great recipes!  I know I have been finding tons I can not wait to try!

Edamame Vegetable Soup

  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 2 celery stalks, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
  • 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
  • 1 red-skinned potatoes, (unpeeled), cubed
  • 1/2 pkg (454 g pkg) medium-firm tofu
  • 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame, (soybeans)
  • 1 dash hot pepper sauce
  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh chives or green onions
In large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; fry sliced carrots and celery, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Add vegetable stock and potato; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots and potato are tender, about 15 minutes.
Cut tofu into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. Add to soup along with soybeans and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
Serve sprinkled with chives.

Enjoy

No comments: