Edamame Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 1 red-skinned potatoes, (unpeeled), cubed
- 1/2 pkg (454 g pkg) medium-firm tofu
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame, (soybeans)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh chives or green onions
In large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; fry sliced carrots and celery, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Add vegetable stock and potato; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots and potato are tender, about 15 minutes.
Cut tofu into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. Add to soup along with soybeans and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
Serve sprinkled with chives.