Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Review: Blaze of Glory by Canadian Author M. Garzon #50bookpledge



Opening yourself when it comes to reading I find is always a positive thing.  I believe if you limit yourself to one genre, then you may miss out on many of the fabulous books out there.  Personally, I have never read books before that involved horses, it was just not a topic that would be top of mind.  I have never been involved in the equestrian world, but have known many people who were and I have always been intrigued by it.  This is why when I came across an opportunity to review Blaze of Glory by M. Garzon I jumped on it.  Honestly, just by seeing a brief description of the book even if you have never been interested in the horse world you would have been drawn in.

"Last year, I had it all. Two jumpers on the show circuit, a lot of wins, and a lot of attention - the good kind. But now I have nothing. My life is circling the drain. The only spark of light that exists for me is my new, forbidden passion. If my stepfather finds out, he will kill me. My twin brother, my only blood relative in the world, has already begged me not to. But I can't help myself. If it can't be horses, it has to be this."

 If you are looking for a book for women age 15+ then I can not recommend a better book.  If I was asked to give a brief description it would be the horse world meets Romeo and Juliet.  I am a sucker for stories that involve the basis of the forbidden love similar to what Shakespeare wrote.  I find those type of love stories always so entertaining and addicting and this book was no different.  We all know that life is not easy and I do not think love is any different.  Love can bring us to the ultimate highs in our life, but also can bring us down so low.  

The main character in the story, Tea, her life can definitely attest to this.  She lives far from an easy life, but her beauty and strength shines through both inside and out.  To know her is to love her and she is one of those people that on your good days and bad days you would want by your side.  She is far from perfect and she does not expect you to think she is, but she is the type of person who would make you want to be a better person just because you know her.  While reading I honestly felt as if I knew her and found myself rooting for her time and time again.


If you are like me and do not know anything about the equestrian world, do not be intimidated.  The author is so clear on her descriptions that you learn as the story goes on and finish the book feeling as you were always so knowledgeable.  Her writing style was easy to understand no matter you knowledge base or age.  Being an older married women, I never felt that the book made me dumb down to a level below my reading level.  Though with that being said I also did not think that it was too mature and over the top for older teens.  The story does involve lust and sex, but it is done in a tasteful way.  In my honest opinion the book was more tamed in comparison to many songs that we can hear on the radio and any age can listen to the public radio.


I myself could not put my ereader down.  I stayed up a few nights past my bed time, which is already a lot later then most, because I was so drawn in I could not part with the book.  I have to say though it is awesome that the book takes place in my stomping grounds.  I live in the area that the book takes place so it was hard to remember that it was a fictional story and not actually a true story.  For myself it seemed so real!  I also love the fact that it is available both for ereaders or on paperback depending your reading preference.  Then as added bonus, I was excited to see that there is going to be more then one book in the series.  What this means is I have something more to look forward to from M. Garzon.  Plus, it looks like it may become a TV series!  How awesome for this wonderful Canadian author!


If your looking for a new read then head on over and get yourself the book in whatever version you prefer.  The ebook version is on sale until March 31, yes thats today!  So do not put it off!  No matter if you get it on sale or not the price is very reasonable and soo worth the cash!

Happy Reading!!

No comments: