Breakfast... I don't know how it is in your house, but it is a very busy time in ours. After a long nights sleep my girls are always super hungry and cereal is always on the menu. Some days they love eating it dry then the next they have it with milk. We always ensure to have a variety of cereals in our pantry to mix it up. Some days their bowls are filled with one cereal then the next they decide to have a mixture. I love watching them trying to decide what that mornings creation will be.
The sad part is that in Canada 1 in 10 children are in poverty and are at risk with starting their mornings off with an empty stomach. We all have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I find it truly sad that there are many children that do not get to have it. Numerous studies over the years have shown that breakfast can help children do better in school overall. Not only academically, but with improved behavior, reduced absences, tardiness and also increasing focus and physical performance.
"Today is National Breakfast Day and Kellogg’s has partnered with Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning to launch the Share Your Breakfast program to encourage Canadians to help children who might otherwise go without.
As part of Kellogg’s Share Your Breakfast movement , Canadians are invited to celebrate National Breakfast Day with Kellogg's. Throughout the day and across the country they will be surprising Canadians with free mini-packs of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal to raise awareness about our country's hungry children. In return, Kellogg's will donating to their National Breakfast Day charity partners. In essence, a bowl for you will equal a bowl for a hungry child.
There are a number of easy ways to get involved:
1. Visit Kellogg’s website (www.kelloggs.ca/SYB) to view the breakfast video and share this important message with friends and family via social media.
2. Pick-up a specially marked box of Kellogg's cereal in-store for a unique pin code to redeem for a free breakfast item and;
3. In return, Kellogg’s will make a donation to Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning
4. Or visit the breakfast charities directly to make your own donation and find out more about the great work they're doing to fight hunger in Canada.
5. Tweet your support using the hashtag #shareyourbreakfast"
It only takes one of us to make a difference in the life on someone who need a hand. As Mahatma Gandhi said "Be the change you want to see in the world". Please help share and make a difference.
*Disclosure: I have not received compensation for this post, all opinions are my own.