Friday, June 3, 2011

Survival of the Smartest E Book Review


I was recently given the opportunity to read Aaron Turpens latest E Book which is Survival of the Smartest: The First 72hrs.  This E Book is a guide for everyone giving them education on getting through any disaster no matter if it is natural or man-made.

This guide aims to educate its readers on various topics such as:

  • Keeping Your Head During Emergency Situations
  • Making a Disaster Supply Kit for Your Family
  • Shutting Off Your Home's Utilities In An Emergency
  • Dealing With An Evacuation (whether you go or not)
  • Specific Disaster Situations like:
  • Earthquakes
  • Floods
  • Hurricanes and Tornadoes
  • Nuclear Incidents, Tsunamis, and even Volcano Eruptions!
  • And Much Much More
I loved the look of the cover  it is very eye catching and definitely gets its goal of building intrigue.  Reading the book it did not disappoint!  It was very well written and does open up the reader to a new view point on a very diverse set of topics all with the goal to keep the reader and family alive.


Some of the points I have heard before and clearly this points out to how important it is.  I can remember from when I was young in school the fire department asking us to draw up a plan of our home and how would we escape in the instance of a fire.  I am sure I am not the only one who was educated on this.  Reality is have I done this in every house or building I have been in? Nope.  If you are wanting to always be safe you have to be prepared no matter when it happens.  This means when your in a shopping mall do you know how to get out, your nearest exists.  Probably not.  Though at the same instance do we want to live daily thinking that something is going to happen?  I guess there truly is a fine line between fear and being prepared.



A few years back our city and a large portion of the province around where we live lost its power.  During the hot time of summer there was no electricity for anyone.  Which means anything that needed electricity could not be used.  Food spoiled and people who did not have bottled water may not have had anything to drink outside.  I have heard before about having a emergency preparedness kit.  Even the government was giving ideas and pointers for everyone as clearly no one was prepared for something of this nature to happen.  Just imagine if there was weather issues added to it!  I am sure just like the fire plan recommendation like myself many of us have no kit in their home.


Clearly after reading this guide I realized that there is a lot that I knew already, though knowing and acting on it clearly are two different things.  I think this is a great educational read for everyone, but if no one takes action you really are no further ahead.


If your looking for a small guide to keep with you then this would be the guide for you, but expect to be paying at least $20.00 for the guide and it is under 50 pages.  For myself even though I know it is for the benefit of myself and my family I found the price a bit much for the size of the guide, especially as it is an E Book.  I just wish the book was a bit longer with more information and then I would have no problem with paying the price  As I am comfortable on the web and a lot of it I have already been made aware through different avenues such as government or Red Cross I personally could not rationalize paying that price.  However, for individuals not as comfortable with getting around online OR may not be aware (I am thinking of my parents or their generation) then definitely it would be worth the price for them.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments: