Monday, February 6, 2012

Foodie February: Starting the Day off Right with "E"





I love eggs!   You know its the weekend at our house if your eating eggs for breakfast.  With trying to eat better that mean bringing more fruits and vegetables into the cooking that I am doing.  So Morning truly can not be any different then the rest of our meals.  I always find it easier to invoice fruits into breakfast but vegetables not so much.  This is why I love the recipe I am sharing with you today!  I got this recipe out of The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start.  I got it from the library last yr and fell in love with some of the recipes, this is one of them!  However, I do not make it with the exact ingredients.  I try to use what I have in my fridge and tweak it as needed!  

Veggie Omelet

4 tablespoons chopped broccoli
2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
1 large egg
4 large egg whites
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup (or less) shredded cheese

Coat non stick skillet with olive oil cooking spray
Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add the broccoli, onion and carrot.  Cook the vegetables for about 2 minutes, or until they are tender but still bright.

While the veggies are cooking, whip the eggs with a fork or a whisk until the are light and foamy.  Add salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the veggies, cover, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the eggs are almost set

Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and fold in half.  Let it cook over low heat for 2 minutes longer!

This is one serving so of course increase quantity if making for more!


If your looking for more recipes, why not check out the "Foodie February" button at the top or search on my blog "Tasty Tuesday" or "Foodie February"

Enjoy!




No comments: