Monday, January 24, 2011

Review Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil

For those that know me I am always looking to try new things and although it does not always work out so well.  The amount of times that it does though makes it all worth while for the times that it does not.  Having a young family I am always looking at new ways to cook that are healthier for our family as a whole.  At the same time making sure it is not too extreme that the kids will handle it.

I received a while back a jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil for my family to sample in our own home.  I do not cook a lot with oils but wanted to introduce the coconut oils in the same areas that I use vegetable or olive oil.


I have to say first off I love the smell that comes from the coconut oil versus the other oils that I normally use.  It gave the food and the room a pleasant smell that was not something that was overly powerful.  I was worried at first that the coconut taste would be strong in the food since it made the room smell so good.  However, I am pleased to say I have cooked with it in many different styles of food and no one in my immediate family or even family visiting had commented on it having a strong taste.  I have not even mentioned that I have used it instead of the other oils and no one has mentioned about the taste.  This clearly speaks for itself as my children being 2 and 4 have no problem telling me if I make something that they think tastes bad :-)


I personally can not speak of the health benefits of coconut oil, but from what I have read everything seems to be positive and if you are interested in adding it into your cooking I would recommend checking out Tropical Traditions Page.   The first thing that you will see is.. Do you know where your food is coming from.  I think this is important for all of us to know and sadly majority of the population (myself included) has no idea what happens to their food prior to them purchasing it in the grocery store or wherever they bought it.  I feel if we cared just as much about what we put into our body as we have surrounding us that is materialistic then a lot could be done with our health problems and weight issues.

I love the fact that this company is clearly proud about their standards of what the produce and it is not just about the money they care about their quality of products that they put out on the market.  Definitely take some time and check out their page and all of their fabulous products!

No comments: