Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chex Gluten Free Cereal

Recently my family was given the opportunity to try a new line of Gluten free cereal from General Mills.  Right now, as far as my family is aware, no one has a sensitivity to Gluten, but I am always looking at alternative foods for my family.  My children love their carbs and when I say love I truly do mean it.  They will have their ceral and then toast in the morning and many days if you ask then what they want for lunch or a snack my eldest will say cereal.

I do have some friends that have a sensitivity to Gluten in their family.  I can say it is not an easy task for them to go grocery shopping or eating out in with their little ones as they do not know what will be in the foods and do worry because a lot of the times the restaurants can not even say 100%.  I was excited for them seeing that General Mills came out with this cereal because this means grocery shopping and feeding their family just became a little bit easier.  It is great to see a company making this step for people with Gluten sensitivities.


We tried both the Honey Nut and the Rice Chex and they were both delicious!  They have tons of great recipes that you can try out as well.  I have not had a chance yet to make any, but guarantee I will be trying them out and adding them into my Tasty Tuesday posts! You can check them out here as well at www.chexcanada.com

My kiddos have been on a chicken nugget kick lately so this is definitely going to be the first recipe I cook!



Disclosure: I am participating in the Chex Gluten Free program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills.  I received a Chex gift pack and a gift card as a thank you for my participation.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments: