Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!

I love chicken and especially chicken breast.  I find that there are so many different meals I can make with them that are low fat and yummy.  Plus if I can add cheese to a meal you know I am going to have very happy kids.  Like me they LOVE their cheese :-)

With making healthier options at home I recently came across a great recipe and tweaked it a bit for my own family.  As I know mushrooms are a great low calorie filler I decided to add them into the recipe and we served it without any pasta.  We made a salad and some cooked veggies and had a clear dinner winner!

Grilled Chicken Parmesan

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
olive oil -in a spritzer
salt-to taste
ground black pepper-to taste
1/2 cup Marinara 
6 Tablespoons Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tsp Parmesan Cheese
1 cup fried mushrooms


Preheat oven to 350.  Then one breast at a time spray both sides with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Grill chicken for about 4 minutes, or until no longer pink, per side and flip once. While the chicken is grilling fry up mushrooms with a spray of olive oil.  Once chicken is done transfer into a baking dish and top with mushrooms.

Heat up the Marinara sauce and put at least 2 Tablespoons of sauce on each breast then top with Mozzarella (1/2 Tablespoon) and Parmesan (1/2 Teaspoon).  Bake for 3-5 minutes depending on your oven.  Bake it until the cheese is melted!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

flowerchild said...

this sounds delicious, thanks for the recipe

Unknown said...

Oooh, looking forward to trying this one. Hubby loves chicken parm and this healthy version is just the sort of recipe I need right now. Thanks!

Jayda said...

Its so easy and yummy. Once I find where hubby hid my pictures I'll upload them. lol